PR Contact

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Review: ELF Nail Polish + Swatches!


Hello lovelies!  Today I received a package in the mail containing six fall-appropriate nail polishes from ELF that I've been waiting very impatiently for!  I have quite a few other shades, but this new bundle has encouraged me to let you know how they are.

(Shade shown is Coral Crush)

There are a whopping 33 available shades in ELF's Essential Nail Polish collection.. a great mix of purples, pinks, metallics, and a few flashy shades as well.  At only $2.00 each, they are an absolute STEAL, and surprisingly they're pretty good quality as well!

I'm not one to spend a ton of money on nail polish, because I paint my nails often and never stick with one shade for too long.  Finding these beauties was a real treat for me, because every single shade is one I'd wear in a heartbeat.

The formulation is of medium thickness, and requires about 2-3 coats, depending on the shade, to achieve maximum opacity. The finish is nice and shiny, and when used with a top coat (you'd better always use a top coat!!) they are quite resistant to chipping.  I use my hands a LOT at my job and at home, and these go almost a week without any real wear and tear.. a long time for me!

These nail polishes dry quickly, which makes me very happy.  They are also formulated without harmful Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), and include Vitamin E for stronger, healthier nails.

I really like the packaging of these polishes.  The containers are a nice, clear glass with a shiny plastic top, and are shaped like a rounded rectangle (instead of round bottles).  The brushes are your typical nail polish brushes... not too stiff or too flimsy, and not too wide or too thin.  Basic.  My only real complaint with the packaging is that the color will often appear a bit lighter in the bottle than it does on your nails... once you apply it the color is slightly darker.  Not overwhelmingly so, but kind of noticeable.

Overall I definitely recommend picking up a few colors the next time you get the urge to paint your nails!  You can get every shade online on the ELF website HERE, and you can also find them at some Target or Kmart locations.

Swatch Time:
ELF - Dark Glitter Purple
A deep violet shade that ends up being a bit navy, with really slight microglitter.
ELF - Golden Goddess
A gold polish with varying shades of glitter, both fine and chunky.  Can be used as a topcoat, or alone with a few coats.
ELF - Metal Madness
Gorgeous metallic charcoal, with ultra fine silver glitter throughout.  My favorite so far!
ELF - Party Purple
Shimmery royal purple shade with silver flecks.
ELF - Purple Pleaser
Gorgeous purple shade with a cream finish, no glitter or shimmer whatsoever.
ELF - Smoky Brown
The name says it all.. it's a wearable taupe shade with a cream finish, meaning no glitter or shimmer.  Love it.



If you are a company who would like to see your product reviewed on DrugstorePrincess, please visit out PR Contact page!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from Pinterest and I love it! Definitely following!
    I'd love if you'd check out my blog and follow back if you like :)
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is nice to follow you i found you from pinterest...
    Kindly visit mine too and follow me if you liked my blog too
    hugs & kisses
    www.makeupshakeups.com

    ReplyDelete